6.08.2012

I've had a chance to talk (via FB) with a fabulous almost 16 year old girl. My heart is just so full of love for her and it is truly wonderous to me. I haven't even met her yet and she's got a firm hold of me. I think I'm falling in love. It's so odd to me.
B has had a rough life but that's her story, not mine to tell. Hopefully she'll share it one day. She wants a home where she can just relax and "be safe" and be a normal teenager.  Oh, how my heart hurts to think of what she's gone through and I just want to give her the world. She should have the messy bedroom full of girlie colors and glitter with posters on the wall and an unmade bed. She should have sleep overs with friends and giggle until the middle of the night. She should have family dinners at a table and chores and homework and a family that loves her so much they would die for her. She's not even 16; she should have a childhood.
I'm trying to be patient, I really am. The foster system is just SO frustratingly slow! Everything has a minimum 72 hour turnaround time! I'll try to keep

No comments:

Post a Comment