11.30.2012

HOOCHIE MAMA!!!!!

You remember the Seinfeld episode where Frank (George's Father) took to screaming HOOCHIE MAMA when he needed a reminder to calm it down, right? Oh...you don't?! Whatevs. I will scream HOOCHIE MAMA as often as I can!!

HOOCHIE MAMA HOOCHIE MAMA HOOCHIE MAMA HOOCHIE MAMA HOOCH... HOOCH.... HOOCHIE MAMA!!!
There now...don't we feel better?!

My internet sister-from-another-http://mister, Jeannie @ One Wish Short of Paradise and I are teaming up to bring you Serentiy Saturdays. (Now do you understand the Hoochie Mama reference?!)
 In a season that has increasingly become crazy hectic with shopping and going above and beyond working to create the perfect memories with family in fear that you will one day end up in the 8th layer of Hell with Martha mocking your imperfect cookies and scorning your attempts to make a card worthy Christmas tree and telling you all about how you have defrauded your children of a P.E.R.F.E.C.T. Christmas while your sores fester and pop (Too gross? Imma have my Geryon fly us out of here pronto, yo!) we decided it would be an ideal time to take a few minutes to lift yourself up and get a moment of serenity.

Jeannie and I are asking that you join us in 10 minutes of meditation every day. That is 10 minutes of breathing in, and breathing out with your eyes closed, and your mind empty. Just Breathe. As part of Jeannie's meditation she recite her mantra: "Let it go. I am enough. I am strong. I am beautiful. I am loved. Let it go."
 That message is so strong and so empowering  and something that we just don't say enough. I don't know about you but I have a hard time cutting myself some slack (and saying 'no') and it leaves me feeling worn down and empty at the end of the season.
Aside from FOCUSED BREATHING, we are doing yoga (Jeannie has some awesome links on her post so check it out), and journaling. Yes...that means I'll probably be writing more than one post every 3 months. But if I fail to do that, I will remind myself that I am enough. I am strong. I am beautiful. I am loved. And I will let it go.
The key part of Serentiy Saturday is to take a moment and build yourself up. We will be meeting back at Jeannie's place (on the web of course!) on Saturday to link up posts and encourage and uplift each other.  We are linking up every Serenity Saturday but we are breathing, yogaing, and journaling EVERY DAY (If possible!).
So...whatchu think, boo? You going to join us? Coo'!
Oh...I'm using the Yoga for Weight Loss DVD for my yoga sesh.
As promised, my Christmas tree!

No comments:

Post a Comment